Hello!

Sign In or Register to be able to read everything! Graphic Balloon is a community designed to provide a meeting point for the creative minds. Join. Help. Discuss. Inspire. :)

You are not connected. Please login or register

10 Tips to choose the right font

Message (Page 1 of 1)

Admin

Admin

Admin
Admin

Posted Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:21 am

10 Tips To Help You Choose The Right Fonts

10 Tips to choose the right font 10-commandments-of-typography-infographic

Last edited by Admin on Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

https://www.deviantart.com/dianagyms/gallery/all

Anonymous

Posted Tue May 10, 2016 5:31 am

Many peoples hate Comic Sans, can you explain why Mimoza? I'm really confused, it's not that bad.

Mimóza

Mimóza

Graphician
Graphician

Posted Tue May 10, 2016 1:49 pm

LIKED

Terran wrote:Many peoples hate Comic Sans, can you explain why Mimoza? I'm really confused, it's not that bad.
I don't really know, I think it is just simply overused. Smile It is a basic font everyone has and looks different from the rest of the fonts, so people tend to use for everything. It looks pretty childish, yet people use it in formal/ serious context as well. It's kind of annoying. 

Also, hate connects people, hating on some certain fonts helps the graphic designers unite, and it makes them "cool" not to use this font. They are more "poshy" than the people who use basic fonts. :'D

Overally, I'd say it is not a bad font, but you have to use it in the right context. (COMIC Sans - use in comics, as it was intended originally, or in children's design. Smile )

https://www.deviantart.com/dianagyms/gallery/all

Anonymous

Posted Wed May 11, 2016 3:20 am

Mimóza wrote:
Terran wrote:Many peoples hate Comic Sans, can you explain why Mimoza? I'm really confused, it's not that bad.
I don't really know, I think it is just simply overused. Smile It is a basic font everyone has and looks different from the rest of the fonts, so people tend to use for everything. It looks pretty childish, yet people use it in formal/ serious context as well. It's kind of annoying. 

Also, hate connects people, hating on some certain fonts helps the graphic designers unite, and it makes them "cool" not to use this font. They are more "poshy" than the people who use basic fonts. :'D

Overally, I'd say it is not a bad font, but you have to use it in the right context. (COMIC Sans - use in comics, as it was intended originally, or in children's design. Smile )

Thanks for that, I was really confused before. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Posted

Message (Page 1 of 1)

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum